Donna Mitchell - Consolation No. 2

  My personal review:      We had already discussed what a Consolation is in music in a previous article , as well as the possible sources of inspiration for Franz Liszt, the first composer to use the name Consolation for one of his pieces.      Donna Mitchell's Consolation No. 2 creates a calm, poetic, meditative atmosphere.      It is a piece in two sections, each of which is divided into three subsections, plus an introduction and a coda; its slow and leisurely tempo, as well as the constant accompaniment of arpeggios, are the main characteristic of this piece.      It is worth noting that the second section, although it feels like a restatement, has certain variations (especially in the second subsection), which create some interest for the listener, which is further enlivened by the surprising coda.      Mitchell's social links:      YouTube (Channel 1)      YouTube (Chann...

Why Sebastian Albero?

    There are many messages that I have received asking why I have decided that Sebastián Albero is the starting point for my historical Spanish piano music project.

    As we pointed out in a previous article, not much is known about Sebastián Albero nor are many of his works preserved.

    However, after having analyzed the works for keyboard instruments by other composers of the time, I decided that, for my taste, Albero's sonatas are more piano-like than the other composers' works, which sound more organ-like.

    So, I made the decision that my project would start from these sonatas, so that, through composers after Albero, I will give an overview of Spanish music for piano.

    As a tentative and almost certain date, by the beginning of the year the first fifteen sonatas would be recorded and a release would be made. On the other hand, we are also preparing a concert with pieces by different composers that will serve as the project's official presentation card.

    With some impatience, but with a lot of hope, we hope to comply in time and form with what was planned.

    As always, I personally thank everyone who is supporting this project in my networks and sponsorship platforms.

    If it is your desire to support in one way or another, I leave you the links to these networks and platforms:


Social links.

Comentarios