Donna Mitchell - Consolation No. 2

  My personal review:      We had already discussed what a Consolation is in music in a previous article , as well as the possible sources of inspiration for Franz Liszt, the first composer to use the name Consolation for one of his pieces.      Donna Mitchell's Consolation No. 2 creates a calm, poetic, meditative atmosphere.      It is a piece in two sections, each of which is divided into three subsections, plus an introduction and a coda; its slow and leisurely tempo, as well as the constant accompaniment of arpeggios, are the main characteristic of this piece.      It is worth noting that the second section, although it feels like a restatement, has certain variations (especially in the second subsection), which create some interest for the listener, which is further enlivened by the surprising coda.      Mitchell's social links:      YouTube (Channel 1)      YouTube (Chann...

Important update on my project!

    Although I usually give my project updates at the end of each month, I have considered it important to give an extra update. Today the strings of my piano have been cleaned, which is an improvement in the sound, making it a little brighter, warmer and clearer. In addition, the cleanliness has affected the precision of the fastest and most virtuoso passages, which are not few in Sebastián Albero's sonatas, as well as in the ornaments, especially in the trills and mordents.

    Actually, for the first few minutes after cleaning I felt like I didn't know my piano, as even the feel of the keys seemed to be different, but little by little, as time went on, I've gotten used to it.

    Therefore, while waiting to be able to record the sonatas, the result could be a little better than expected.

Comentarios